Pilgrim Bank Foundation
The mission of the Pilgrim Bank Foundation
is to provide financial support to charitable and community service organizations in the communities in which we operate. We are dedicated completely to community activities and the promotion of charitable causes.
We focus our support in the following five areas:
Education and Youth Programs
Initiatives at the primary, secondary and post secondary school age levels that raise the aspirations of students in the community, enhance initiatives that support the education process, and support programs that assist in improving the quality of life for children in the community that foster education, learning and leadership in and out of a formal school setting, such as afterschool programs and daycare.
Health and Social Services
Programs that are essential to the health and well-being of the community, as well as initiatives that focus on physical and mental wellness.
Organizations that support and promote the social or economic well-being of the local community. This would include efforts to support organizations dedicated to homelessness, disabilities, abuse, training and food pantries.
Programs that assist in improving the quality of life for Veterans of military service.
Elder Services Programs
Programs that assist in improving the quality of life for older Americans.
Requirements for Application
When requesting a grant, the following information must be included:
- Completed Application Form
- Letter stating nature of the request
- Organizational Summary (Mission, Goals, Objectives)
- Specific purpose of funds requested
- Need for the project / service in the community
- Amount requested
- Information on the organization’s Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Copy of the IRS federal tax-exempt letter
- Depending on the amount of the request, additional information may be required
- Grant recipients must demonstrate Section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(1) status and relevance to the Foundation’s area of giving
The grants awarded typically range from $2,500–$10,000, however larger grants may be considered, per organization, per year.
- Grants are generally awarded quarterly. Applications are accepted year-round.
- Awards are generally limited to use in the communities served by Pilgram Bank.
- Pilgrim Bank does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates, activities for religious purposes, contributions to individual endeavors or scholarships.